Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Canada Day



Jen making Poutine...Yummy


I never realized that Canada had it's own day until my best Canadian friend, Jen, clued me into the fact. I guess it's to be expected...I am sure every country has their own day...I just never really thought about Canada's day. Turns out it is on July 1, and to celebrate this, Jen had a party celebrating all things Canadian. It was great to see all my old friends from school...a lot of them got to meet Matt for the first time, so that was nice. Jen made poutine, which is a Canadian dish of french fries topped with gravy and melted cheese curds. It sounds gross but it is actually pretty good..sort of like nachos except with fries instead of chips.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

they look delish!! sorry about matt~ sending healing vibes for a speedy recovery~
tracy xxoo