Friday, July 25, 2008

Wedding Preparations

Ok, I admit it...Matt and I didn't do much to help prepare for Ana's wedding. But hey, we weren't really asked to do anything...there were so many people there trying to help and we were only there for a short time...and plus, Matt's collar bone was broken. We did buy the s'mores supplies and the non-alcohlic beverages. At least it is something, right?





David's (the groom's) mom did the flowers, and they looked great. They had lots of beautiful flowers because there is a flower farm in Humboldt. So lucky!

The wedding had lots of personal touches, which made it very special. David is a brewer (I am not sure of the correct term...he works at Budweiser) and he brewed his own beer as the wedding favors. He had printed out special labels and we put them on ourselves. This picture shows David's sister and her boyfriend and David's uncle.



Here is a picture of me, sitting back and relaxing while the rehearsal goes on. Matt and I agreed that it is much more pleasant to be relaxing while another couple is onthe hot seat! Haha...I was remembering my rehearsal, when I was crying my eyes out. Ana was was much more calm!



This is a picture of Ang and I at the rehearsal. I really love Matt's childhood friends...althoug they aren't really chldhood friends, more like lifelong friends. We have so much fun with them. Anyway, the reason I put this picture on here is because it is the only one of Ang and I together and because I like how Matt is reflected in my giant sunglasses!



All of the Massey family and the Ogilvie family helped alot with creating this wedding. I am sure Ana and David feel so loved! I felt the same way at my wedding...I was amazed at how much effort my family and friends put into helping with the wedding. I felt so loved....I guess that is the point of weddings...to make the couple feel loved by their family and to bond the two families together. I am really glad that Matt and I didn't skip the whole wedding and elope like we were thinking of doing.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Interesting observation. Now I know what I missed by not having a wedding.