Friday, July 25, 2008

Eureka...Finally


Matt in front of the Massey house

After our fun, unexpected day in Salt Lake, we finally made it to Eureka. It is so nice to fly directly into Eureka rather than into SF and then have to drive 5 hours. Delta started flying there recently, so hopefully the fares will stay low. Our flight was cheap, until we added on the hotel and other expenses of Salt Lake City! Oh well...it was fun.

Both Matt and I were really sad to lose a day in Eureka. He had relatives in town from Ireland and I had my list of "favorite things to do in Eureka" that I like to do every time I go. I didn't really get to do it this time, but that is ok...I am sure we will be back many times. My favorite things to do include going to Bon Boniere (a delicious ice cream place), going blackberry picking (in the summer), going for hikes, going to the Farmer's Market (in the summer), and hanging out with our college friends and Matt's childhood friends. Actually, now that I wrote out that list, I realized that we did do a lot!


Meagan and Mitch on the way to pick blackberries

We went blackberry picking, but the blackberries weren't ripe yet so we ended up picking huckleberries. Huckleberries are much harder to pick and in my opinion they don't taste as good. Note to self: Visit Eureka in August rather than July.


Matt and Matt at the Farmer's Market

I also forced Matt and our college friend Matt to go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday. I had fun, but it was strange to go with the two of them cause they were not very intertested in it...I still liked it though, and it was fun to people watch and sit in the sun.

No comments: