Saturday, July 26, 2008



One great thing about Ana's wedding was the toasts. David's family said such nice things to her during the toasts...she must feel so welcomed into their family. In my opinion, Matt's toast was the best. I am his wife though, so I am biased! I have never seen him speak in public before or give a toast...he was great. His toast was delivered perfectly and it was funny but also very sweet and he said a lot of nice tings to David. I was so proud when I was sitting there listening to him...I told Ann, "Wow, my husband's so funny!" The most impressive thing to me was that he didn't plan on giving a toast. His dad came up to him during the Ogilvie toasts and said he had to give a toast...so Matt just went up there and started talking.





This trip to Eureka was a real bonding experience for Matt and I...aside from my being so impressed with his toast, we had a chance to talk about a lot of things...like family, and what family means to us and what this means for our future. Sadly, I thought it was such a meaningful conversation and then Matt didn't remember any of it the next day!! He was too drunk. I was sad about that and so I made him have another conversation about the same topic. I am sure he hated that, cause he hates having serious conversations, but he ended up saying a lot of the same things which were really sweet and nice, so I guess he means what he says even if he is drunk and doesn't remember it. Don't get the wrong idea though, he doesn't usually drink that much. I didn't even realize he was that drunk. He seemed pretty normal to me. I have had conversations with Marti too that she didn't remember the next day and I had no idea that she was even drunk while I was talking to her. I must be really bad at noticing it...or the Masseys just seem normal when they are drunk.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Looks like it was a really fun, family wedding. So glad you got to be there. Eureka sounds neat.