Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sunday

Of course, the day after our attempted barbecue was completely gorgeous. Perfect weather to go for a hike! Except that with all the packing and mayhem I accidentally packed up my tennis shoes, so they are en route to Boston now. I know, I know...I will be needing tennis shoes in China, but what can I say...you can't always remember everything! The movers also packed up our Prison Break DVDs. Heartbreaking because not only were they Kelly's DVDs, but also I was in the middle of the series and only had two episodes left. Bummer!

Anyway, the hike didn't work out because we got too late of a start, and Matt ended up blaming me, so I spent the whole day apologizing. Apparently I took too long to get ready and pick out new tennis shoes! The day ended up fun though, we just went to the Repulse Bay beach and chilled out.

The bus ride back from the Beach



The View from the Bus

Cool cemetary on the way back from Repulse Bay

At night we went to Mong Kok to walk around. I am going to miss Mong Kok! I don't really spend much time there, but it is so vibrant and so...Hong Kong that I love it evry time I go. The people watching is great, things are always changing andyou never know what you will come across! You can tell, I am getting nostalgic already and I haven't even left yet!



Cantonese dessert.
This is one of the many things I am really going to miss about Hong Kong!


Mong Kok Street


Bakery

1 comment:

The Massey Family said...

Cool! Glad you like the book. I want to read it too when I get a chance.