Friday, May 12, 2006

Moving Day

Today the movers came and packed up our stuff. Sadly, it was traumatic for me. Not during the move, that was easy, but the days preceding it. I feel ridiculous because after Kelly left and I started thinking about packing and organizing my stuff, I started having all of these flashbacks to when I was packing up Dad's house and my house before I moved to Hong Kong. As Grandma and my cousin Melissa know, that may have been the worst day of my life. On that day, while the packers started boxing up Dad's house, it started to sink in that Dad really wasn't coming back. So, I huddled on the floor and sobbed. In retrospect, I feel bad for the movers. They just worked and tried not to look at me. Haha! I gave them a huge tip, so I don't feel that bad. My cousin and my Grandma were great, and my Grandma's dog Bandido was also great. I have never been the hugest "dog person". I think they are ok, but have never had the deep love for them that other people (like Matt) do. But while I was crying there on the floor, holding Bandido was the most comforting thing in the world. For a long time after that I really wantd a dog of my own. Bandido really made me feel better! Now I am over it though.

Anyway, I feel ridiculous because that was two years ago. This move is a hundred times easier than that one was. We are basically paying guys to do everything and we don't have that much stuff. It was done in literally an hours and a half, and Matt was here to help me the whole time. Poor Matt, I might be scarred about moving men and the process of moving for the rest of my life. Just kidding, when we move from Boston I am sure it will be better...

Another thought about Dad...I got an email from my friend Rachel. She is getting married this summer in Burbank, which is not far from where Dad and I lived in Pasadena. She is booking the hotel for Matt and I and one option was in old town Pasadena, right by my Dad's house. When I started to think about going back to Pasadena, I couldn't handle it. I feel like I want to avoid that place at all costs, even though I love it. I haven't been back since we sold Dad's house, and I don't want to ruin my first weekend back in the US by freaking out over being in Pasadena. So, I think we will just stay in a hotel in Burbank. Yes, I am avoiding the situation, but I don't care! I do feel ridiculous though...shouldn't I be over this by now?

Enough about sad topics...I ran into Paige and Diane today in Kosmo Cafe. I wish I had really talked them sooner. Diane said she always loved to see Kelly and I in class because we look so happy to be there. I think that is a very nice compliment. I am going to miss the teachers at Pure alot. Strangely, I feel like I have been through so much with them in the past two years even though we didn't really know eachother. They recommended me to go to Baron Baptiste's studio in Boston. I am slightly afraid of him because he seems so intense, but I will give it a try because Paige said his studio is awesome. I usually don't like male teachers because they seem so "achievement oriented", but maybe Baron Baptiste will be different.

4 comments:

takealetter said...

I love your blog - I always read it even though I don't always take the time to comment! If it makes you feel any better I went to a funeral for a guy at work last year that I hardly knew and I completely fell apart at the funeral and had to go home for the day...it was like reliving my Dads funeral all over again, except I don't think I completely fell apart at my own Dad's funeral but it just seemed like it was happening all over again...why was that? It was a little awkward explaining my reaction to my coworkers. Let's see it has been 8 or 9 years now...so no, I guess you never just get over it! Good luck on the move...hope to see you while you are in the states! I Love you!

The Massey Family said...

Actually, yes, that does make me feel better! Thanks for the comment...at least I know I am not weird or morbid for still feeling so sad.

Unknown said...

Hi, I do believe this is a great site.
https://3kary.com/property-status/rest-houses-for-rent/
https://3kary.com/property-status/rest-houses-for-sale/
https://3kary.com/property-type/rest-houses/
https://decor-ksa.com/iron-fences/

بروكر said...

I definitely love this site.
https://slashdot.org/~prokr2020
https://prokr2020.livejournal.com/
https://prokr2020.cms.webnode.com/khdmat-brwkr/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/