Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sniff sniff....Last Night in Hong Kong!



Today has been a crazy hectic day. I am not sure why Matt and I always leave everything for the last minute, but it always seems to happen! Oh well...Today we have been running around doing lots of stuff we could have done in the past week. All I can think is, "This time tomorrow we will be in Urumqi." Yay! The strange thing is, I am saying "Yay!" not because of Urumqi, but because we will be DONE packing, DONE saying good bye, DONE looking back over our time in Hong Kong and being sad to leave, and hopefully DONE being stressed and at eachother's throats.

Luckily, tonight some friends of ours had planned a dinner at a private kitchen. It gave us a good last dinner in Hong Kong and a chance to say good bye to everyone. It was (luckily for me but not for Matt) a vegetarian private kitchen. It was quite amazing what they did to simulate meat. For the appetizer they had slices of what looked exactly like lunch meat or balogna or something...it even had what looked like fat swirls in it. It tasted just like lunch meat to me, or maybe I just haven't had lunch meat for a long time. Anyway, I realized I don't lke that taste even if it is not meat. The vegetarian fish balls were delicious. The whole meal was good! It was a great last meal to have in Hong Kong.

In the taxi on the way home, I felt so sad! We were walking near Times Square and I thought, "I CAN'T believe that I am leaving!" It really feels like home to me here and I am extremely sad about leaving. I am excited about exploring Boston and the East Coast, but I am sad to leave Hong Kong and Asia. I feel like I am going back to reality or something. Oh no!

Then I was thinking, "Oh no, I am going to feel this sad again in 2 or 3 years when Matt and move from Boston." I guess that is the nature of life though, things keep changing, and it is both sad and happy, but you have to have the sadness that comes with change or else things would stagnate...






No comments: