Sunday, May 07, 2006

The End of a Very Lazy Weekend


Well, I guess I never fully recovered from Cinco de Mayo...I felt horrible the entire next day. I had a headache, I felt nauseous, I didn't want to do anything except lay on the bed and groan. It was horrible, plus there was a thich grey cloud laying right on top of the city and that made it even worse. Matt and I went to see Match Point at night. I was bored with that movie from beginning to end! Too many British people in it I guess...



This morning the weather was better, but I still felt very blah and extremely lazy. Matt and I went to Lower Cheung Sha Beach (where we had his birthday party last year) and laid on the beach and read our books. Very relaxing! I needed to get out of the city a little bit. After the beach, we went to dinner with Kelly and Raul. She is leaving on Tuesday...I can't believe it! We won't be living near each other anymore!




On our way home from the beach, there were some fortune tellers at the ferry terminal. I had my fortune told, and it was very interesting. This is what I found out:

1. I need some "eyebrow gel" (his words not mine) to keep my eyebrows in order. If I don't do that, then I will not be able to keep money. I must make sure to pluck in between my eyebrows. (I am not joking. He said this.)

2. My face could get fatter. It is too bumpy right now (he said my cheekbones stick out too much) and it should be smooth. If it is bumpy, then things will keep changing alot in my life.

3. I should chew gum to strengthen my jaw muscles, then I will be better able to tell people what to do.

4. On my hand, the "health line" is faint. I must continue to exercise and be very careful of my health because there may be problems in the future.

5. On my hand, the "business line" is "not existing". (Hahahaha! Matt and I both laughed at that one.)

6. I should not lend money to friends because I will not get it back.

7. The shape and size of my chin means that when I am old, I will have enough food and money. (Oh good! I actually worry about that alot.)

8. My palm says that I waste money so I need to think about not buying things I don't need.

9. My upper lip shows that I have stomach and digestive health issues so I should do 20 sit ups every night before bed. (Hmmm....maybe he just thought my stomach was fat?)

Very interesting! I was going to take his advice about the sit ups, but now I feel tired...I will definitely go and get my eyebrows done though!





Aaaahhh...beautiful Hong Kong...The pictures in this blog post are ones that Matt and I took today on the ferry back from Lantau. Beautiful Hong Kong, O how I will miss you!

3 comments:

Boston Chef said...

Wow - amazing pictures. Your blog is awesome, we are jealous of your travels. We've always wanted to go to Hong Kong, Thailand, and S.E. Asia... You capture so much with all your photos - it is a great perspective.

Were you writing that you were coming to Boston?

The Massey Family said...

Yes, my boyfriend and I are moving to Boston in August. I am extremely sad to leave Hong Kong but happy to try someplace new. Before Hong Kong I had lived in California my whole life, so exploring the east coast will be a lot of fun!

Boston Chef said...

Wow, congratulations! Look us up through our Boston Chef blog and we'd be glad to introduce you to our fair city, have you over for a grilled meal, or provide you with any other advice and opinion on all things Boston... We've been here a long time.