Monday, May 15, 2006

Leaving Do at Shek O


I am not sure if it is a British thing or an Aussie thing, but in Hong Kong alot of people call a going away party a "leaving do". Anyway, we had our "leaving do" on Saturday at a very cute little bar in Shek O called Big Wave Bar. They let us rent a big barbecue and bring our own food to grill. (Of course, we found this out after I had posted a comment on Boston Chef about how there was no place to grill outdoors in Hong Kong!) Anyway, it was a nice little spot right on the beach.

The only problem was that it is sort of a long trek from Central, and the weather was bad! It was like, really windy and I was freezing. I was wearing my bathing suit and shorts cause I thought it was going to be hot! It has been hot and gorgeous in Hong Kong everyday except that day, what a bummer! Alot of people were out of town that weekend, so that was also a bummer.


It was a fun afternoon, but it ended early cause everyone was freezing, especially me!