Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Happy Birthday, Matt!






For Matt's 28th birthday, we had a small, casual dinner at Pasha. It was very different from Matt's birthday last year, but it was a lot more fun. Last year was good, but this year it was more relaxed, and with a smaller group we could actually talk to everyone!

The restaurant, Pasha, served Xinjiang cuisine. It was delicious, but I am slightly worried for when Matt and I head off to Urumqi in a few weeks. I think all they eat there is big hunks of greasy meat! Matt will be happy, but there is only so much lamb and beef I can eat before I get really sick of it. The good thing is, Xinjiang bread is so yummy...they cook it in a big oven, and it is soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, with sesame seeds on top. So good! When I was in Beijing, I was addicted to the bread they served at the Xinjiang restuarant on campus. Also, the Xinjiang province is famous for its vanilla ice cream. Sounds good to me! Plus, that is where a lot of the fruit is grown that is sold in the rest of China.


We had cheesecake for dessert, and they even gave Matt a birthday fez that we got to bring home.




1 comment:

Janet said...

Good pictures! When are you coming to San Diego? I thought that was in May but sounds like you are going somewhere else? What a busy life you live...Happy Birthday, Matt. Are you a Taurus?