Saturday, May 06, 2006

Cinco de Mayo


Last night we celebrated Cinco de Mayo at Tori and Patrick's house. Tori is my beatiful, fun, perfect hostess/perfect house/perfect career friend....very inspiring! Anyway, she outdid herself again, and made the most delicious spread of Mexican-style appetizers: seven layer dip, guacamole, and some sort of cheesy dip. So yummy! And, her margaritas were out of this world. I drink less and less with each passing day, but some how at Tori's magic house, I always end up drunk (okay, I am exagerating...but I have only been there twice, and those are the only times I have been drunk in the past 2 years)without any warning or knowledge of how I came to be that way. Actually, that is not true...I know how I got that way, it was the yummy, not-to-sweet/not-to-strong margarita she put in my hand when I walked in. It didn't even take me a full margarita...I drank a quarter of the glass and was already well on my way to being sloppy drunk. It is sort of sad in a way, cause that is not very much alcohol.


It was an amazingly fun night...Kelly, Tori and I went into Tori's bedroom because Tori had some old clothes that didn''t fit her anymore but are basically brand new, and they fit me perfectly...We were in the bedroom a really long time marveling at her wardrobe and talking about what clothes I would need for Boston. Apparently I need khakis, boots, turtlenecks and a trench coat. Oh, and lots of seersucker. I can check off the khakis cause Tori gave me hers. I think the clothing style in New England is cute for other people, but frankly, I don't think it is really my style. I guess I will see when I get there. I am not sure if I will ever get into the seersucker!


When we came out of the bedroom, everyone had caught up with my margarita drinking and were dancing around the living room. There was lots of air guitar playing and singing going on...

I am sad to leave my friends in Hong Kong!

PS. Happy birthday to Matt's sister, Ana!
PPS. Now I remember why I don't like drinking...I feel sick and gross this morning. My head hurts! I think I will go to yoga, that should help.

No comments: