Thursday, May 04, 2006

Fiona's Baby Shower


Fiona opening one of her many gifts!


Last night Kelly and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Fiona. Well, I guess "hosted" is sort of a strong word for what we did...basically, we sent out the evite and brought the food and some baby shower games over to Fiona's house. Despite the fact that Kelly and I don't have kids and aren't really baby shower experts, I think it turned out great! Most of the people there were British anyway, and apparently in England they don't have baby showers. So, they hadn't been to a baby shower before and so they couldn't compare it to anything else. We had a ton of food...but that was good cause there were lots of pregnant, hungry ladies there. We played the game where everyone guessed how many times a roll of toilet paper would wrap around Fiona's stomach, and also had some Fiona trivia questions to keep the gift opening interesting.

I guess that in England and Australia they have a tradition called "wetting the baby's head". When a baby is born, the father will go out and drink all night with his buddies. Hmmm...I hope wetting the baby's head never catches on in the US. Matt will definitely not be wetting my baby's head. (I hope...)


I have been totally baby crazy lately...I probably shouldn't admit this out loud, and I am sure it is only because all of a sudden it seems like I know a lot of people who are having babies. But...with every passing month I want a baby more and more. I even had a dream where I had a baby, but Matt was at work I was worried that the baby was going to be cold and for some reason I needed his help. So, my solution was to put the baby in an envelope and keep it in my coat pocket. Hmmm....maybe that dream is telling me to wait 5 years so I can learn not to put a baby in an envelope! No, actually, it is Matt telling me to shut up about babies...I am only 25 after all.


My other beautiful pregnant friends, Jean and Julia!

No comments: