Sunday, April 30, 2006

Six Years!


Yesterday was Matt's and my 6 year anniversary. It is unbelievable, it has gone by so fast! The weather was not that great, so we decided it was a good day to take the ferry over to Lamma Island to play some Scrabble at the Bookworm Cafe. It was a lot of fun. Matt beat me....that makes twice in a row! I can't believe it! My mental agility has definitely decreased over the last couple of years. I used to trounce him without even trying. I blame it on the multiple sclerosis! (Or maybe my brain has turned to applesauce after leading a life of leisure in Hong Kong for the past two years...)

We decided to be completely lazy all day, so we ordered pizza at home instead of going out to dinner to celebrate. We watched the end of Six Feet Under. I was crying so hard when they showed Nate's funeral. Somehow it reminded me of my Dad dying...maybe cause he was a forty-ish year old man that died suddenly and unexpectedly and left a daughter behing? Not sure. Anyway, I was crying, and ended up saying, "Matt, you had better not die until after I do. I could't handle it." Very morbid for an anniversary night, don't you think?

Aside from that, it was a great day. I like relaxing...Hong Kong seems so stressful after being on my yoga retreat! I am lucky to have such a great boyfriend...it isn't every man that would agree to go to an organic, vegetarian cafe on a random island to play Scrabble.

2 comments:

Janet said...

You've got a keeper!

Linda said...

The two of you have had so many wonderful experiences,what a wonderful opportunity to see the world, we love reading about all of your adventures, joys and worries. We love you and look forward to seeing more of you when you return to the states....