Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Another year gone by....

As of today, it has been exactly 2 years since Dad died. It is crazy to think how different my life was just two years ago! I was a happy, blissful child then...But I definitely feel better about it than I did last year at this time. Matt is still asleep, but I don't think he has to worry about me throwing a knife at him this year!

So what do I have planned for today? Well, it is the Ching Ming Festival today, which is a public holiday in Hong Kong. Chinese people usually honor their dead realitves on this holiday by sweeping their gravestones and burning paper money. Dad doesn't have a gravestone, but I think I will walk over to the same place I did last year to burn some colored papers. I know it isn't a tradition in my culture, but it just seems like a nice way to mark the day.

Even though it has been two years, I actually still think about Dad all the time. He had such a huge influence on my life, so even here in Hong Kong where there isn't as much to remind me of him, I think about him all the time. I also have been thinkng about him because I have been gathering and preparing the paperwork to do the final taxes of his estate. I will be SO GLAD when that is over! It won't be till this summer though, cause I have to meet with my tax advisor when I go home in June. This process is neverending!

No comments: