Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Windows of the World

After the night of karaoke and Liar's Dice, Matt and I spent the night in the hotel and then went to Windows of the World in Shenzhen. It is an amusement park that lets people "tour the world in a single day"...this is good, cause it is hard for Chinese people to ever leave China...Haha! It was actually pretty fun. There were rollercoasters and other rides, but every time I got on a roller coaster I was like, "Oh my god! I am on a roller coaster in China! Oh no, hope it doesn't crash!" They also had an indoor ski slope with real snow. I am not kidding! Matt and I are going to do it next time.

After the amusement park we went and had dinner. I had such a great time speaking Mandarin! I feel like I can really communicate now...Matt said it was like being with his coworkers who speak Chinese, he didn't have to think about anything! We also went to get massages at the Carnival Club and then headed home. Now I am so excited for when Matt and I travel in China. We are going to the Xinjiang Province, and it should be amazing...

No comments: