Thursday, April 06, 2006

I lost it all!

Well...my upbeat, positive attitude of yesterday morning didn't last very long. When I was writing my blog, I realized that all of Dad's pictures weren't on my computer. (The one I had posted was in a separate folder from the other pictures.) Not only are his pictures not there, but also none of the pictures that Matt and I had taken the whole previous year. When my computer crashed this December, Matt had taken it down to a data recovery place, and then put the recovered data back onto my computer. He told me to check to see if everything was there, and I thought I did...but I guess I just saw that some of the pictures were there, but not all of them. I had alot of pictures on the desktop for some reason. Maybe I just saw those and assumed all of the pictures were there? I don't know. It is my fault, I should have done thorough check. I am devastated, more so about Dad's pictures than mine. I still have like 75 years to travel and take more pictures, but he is dead! So, that set me off on a crying episode and I was very sad all day, as realized anopther part of Dad had slipped away. Matt was great though, I am so glad to have him in my life. We went and played scrabble all day and he let me pick a restuarant that I always want to go to and he doesn't: The Bookworm on Lamma Island, which serves only whole grain, organic vegetarian food. They are so creative though, that is why I love to go there! The serve such interesting food.

Anyway, on a more positive note...I found I was accepted back into Tufts, so looks like Matt and I will be heading to Boston this Fall. Expect to see us back in the US permanently!

1 comment:

Janet said...

It is a good thing you have your blog and your Dad's website on the web--but John's desktop is full of his pix on the D drive!--I don't remember you saying anything about problems getting into Tufts--what will you be studying there?