Monday, October 17, 2005

Matt made it to Beijing...Finally!

This weekend Matt came to visit me in Beijing, and I was SO happy. I miss him so much, and the worst part is that I won't be back home until January! It is too long! We decided to stay in a hotel while he was here, because I live in Haidian (the student district), and it is about an hour by taxi or subway into the center of town. The center of town is where all of the action is, and all o the historical sights as well. So, rather than spend our whole weekend in the taxi we decided to fork over the cash for a hotel room. Our hotel was only a few steps from Wanfujing Dajie, which is a major shopping street that even has some western stores and a Starbucks. We could walk to the Forbidden City and to Tian'anmen Square, so it was nice. I hate riding in taxis here because I always seem to get car sick...The air is polluted and the drivers drive like maniacs. Plus, there is a ton of traffic at all times, sort of like Los Angeles.


Wanfujing Dajie Posted by Picasa


A Street in Beijing Posted by Picasa