Saturday, October 01, 2005

Golden Week

This week in China is Golden Week, in honor of National Day. Everyone in China has is on vacation this week, including me! Audrey and I are going on a trip to Inner Mongolia with our school. It should be interesting...I will be part of one of those Chinese-style tours where there are 80 people getting on and off of buses, following a guide and taking pictures all at the same time. It is not exactly my usual style of traveling, but after all of the hassles and frustrations of getting my life set up in Beijing, I am happy to not have to think about any of the arrangements, I just have to follow the group.

It should be fun, despite being with a kajillion other students. We are going to visit the grasslands and stay in a Mongolian yurt. I will be back next Friday, and hopefully I will post some pictures of Inner Mongolia. (Provided that nothing goes wrong with the internet access in my apartment or with my camera, or anything else...things seem to go wrong quite often in China!)

No comments: