Monday, October 17, 2005

Magic Show

Saturday night, Matt and I tried to go to see the Chinese Acrobatic Show, but the line for the tickets was a vicious, tumultuous mass of people pushing and yelling and biting and kicking. (OK, maybe not biting and kicking...but it was close!) Matt and I decided to go the easy route and see the Magic and Acrobatic Show with the troupe from the Hebei Province. We went to dinner and came back to the show, and we were the only ones there! The whole theatre was empty except for us. It was hilarious. The only problem was that I sort of felt pressure to keep clapping and cheering and smiling and looking amazed throughout the whole show. One part of the show horrified me: the women on stage were making goldfish majically appear out af thin air, and to prove that the fish were alive, she threw them into the audience. Fish water and fish were flung in our direction, since we were the only people there, and then I had to watch with three little golfish flop around and wrtihe on the floor as they struggled for air. It was gut wrenching! Matt said, "oh it's Chinea, and they are only goldfish afterall." But still, to watch them flop around and slowly die right in front of me? It was horrific! I must have looked very concerned because someone came from the back of the theatre to pick them up. I am not sure what he did with them, but at least I didn't have to watch them anymore. He left the dead ones there!




Meagan "volunteering" at the Magic Show Posted by Picasa

No comments: