Sunday, October 10, 2004

Sai Kung

Matt and I had heard alot about Sai Kung, a beach area in the New Territories. We had heard the water was clear and clean and that there was great diving and swimming to be had. So, we decided to take Lara out there to check it our first hand. Sai Kung was....very far away. It took us over 2 hours to get there and it involved several bus, train and mtr changes. It didn't help that we didn't leave our house until noon. When we got there is was pretty nice, and we decided to take a ferry to get over to Hap Mun Bay, a beach on an island. The most amusing part of the day was watching the old Chinese couple that operated the ferry. They only had a few teeth between them, one of them gold, and they were just cackling and having a grand old time. The old woman laughed maniacally when one of the gweilos bumped his head getting into the boat. I hope I am that jolly when I get older! Actually, I wish I was that jolly now.

At night, Missy, Nic, Matt and I went out to Lan Kwai Fong. Our first stop was a bar called Hardy's. It had an older crowd, a Filipino band and was alot less hip than the other places on the street. I wanted to tell the bartender, "Hey, I am a Hardy" but of course that would be ridiculous. Nic wasn't feeling well and had to go home, but Missy, Matt and I stayed out till 6. The clubs were fun, and I was amazed that when we left the club we were at showed no signs of slowing down.

No comments: