Saturday, October 09, 2004

Lamma Island

Today my visitors and I went to explore Lamma Island. It was great...the first day that everyone stayed awake for the whole day! The jet lag is finally getting under control I think. We took the ferry to the island and hiked from one side of the island to the other. Actually, I wouldn't call it so much of a hike, it was more of a leisurely stroll on a paved path. It was very quiet on the island, and since I have been living in the middle of a city, it seems like the minute I get into a quiet, open environment I immediately relax. The difference is pretty remarckable. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the city life, but when I get out to a calm place, with relatively few people, I feel like I am really "getting away from it all."

The island was nice and green and there were a few deserted beaches along the path, which was pretty cool. Of course, the nicest beach was right next to a huge power plant, but if you don't mind that it was a great beach. We ended up stopping at a beach that was further from the beaten path called Lo So Shing Beach. We had a seafood lunch at the Rainbow restaurant Sok Kwu Wan and they gave us VIP stickers and a free boat ride home! There are a few more little villages on the island that I would like to check out...I will have to drag Matt along with me some weekend.



Lara, Missy and Nic at the Rainbow Seafood Restaurant in Sok Kwu Wan Posted by Hello

No comments: