Monday, May 09, 2005

Dim Sum at City Hall

Matt and I took Grandma to dim sum on Sunday at City Hall. It was crowded, but well worth the wait! I think Grandma liked most things we tried, especially the milk pudding and mango pudding. She also liked the Barbecue Pork Buns. Everything was delicious! Basically, dim sum is a Chinese breakfast/brunch/lunch made up of lots of little snacks. Waiters come around the huge hall with carts laden with all sorts of goodies: steamed buns, various types of meats, veggies and sweets. Since I love to try lots of little things, and I like seeing what things look like before I get them, this sort of meal is perfect for me. The only problem is that I get way too full. If you happen to see Grandma when she comes back from Hong Kong, make sure to check out the video we made of the dim sum. It is on her camera...you can see all the mahem of dim sum on a Sunday morning, and also me stuffing my face with food! Haha! I was very focused on eating and didn't know Matt was getting everything on film....

Today I took Grandma to yoga with me. She is so adventurous! I thought it would be no big deal because we went to the relaxing sort of yoga, but when the teacher wanted us to do inversions I started freaking out! (Internally I was freaking out...externally I was putting legs over my head and resting my body weight on my shoulders.) I was envisioning her falling over and twisting her neck, and then I was imagining all of the family back home being mad that I took her to yoga and she twisted her neck! I was thinking that I didn't know where her insurance card was or anything...I didn't need to worry cause the teacher showed her an alternate pose. It was funny though...Grandma was sitting here laughing a minute ago because she said that whenever the teacher came over to adjust her pose she thought, "Oh no, here she comes again!" It was funny, and very fun to have Grandma at yoga with me. Now she knows what I spend a lot of my time in Hong Kong doing!


Yummy, yummy! Posted by Hello


Grandma Eating Dim Sum Posted by Hello


Dim Sum Cart Lady Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Say hi to your Grandma from us. Sounds like she's being a great sport and is really enjoying her visit with you guys. She's the first one from our two immediate families to make it over to HK. Bravo, Grandma Yeckel!
Love, Marti