Friday, June 06, 2008

You never know what's coming down the road....



One of the things I love about India is that you just never know what is coming next...I think I mentioned that my hotel is diectly on a highway, and that makes it difficult to walk anywhere or be outside. I decided to give it another try last night, and look what was on the road! I have no idea what these giant, mirror laden structures were for. I am pretty sure it wasn't for a wedding, because I have sen wedding processions and they don't look like this. I think it was some sort of religious procession. (Anybody know why June 5 is special? I don't.) People were lining the streets to watch the procession...and when people realized I as there, there was a lot of pointing in my direction!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

SO beautiful and yes..you never know what will be coming next!! Magical India~ thanks for all the wonderful updates and photos meagan! You are doing such great work there~
namaste~
tracy

Janet said...

I looked it up on Google and India is listed as one of the participants in World Environment Day June 5--I notice that the United States is not listed but it was established in 1972 and listed many, many countries participating. Could that be it?