Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Back to the City!



Yesterday, these carts came rolling down the street with huge loads of hay on them (I think it was hay...). They are actually pretty common, but I have never gotten a picture before, and I am always amazed at how they can pile such a huge load on them.


Today I am headed up to Chennai with the director of the local NGO to meet with Oxfam and with the local NGOs that she has contracted lots of the work out to. It will be interesting to be back in a city again! After that, I am headed to Pondicherry for the weekend. I am very excited! It is supposed to be a beautiful city. It used to be a French colony so the French influences are still there, and lots of French people still live there. The food is supposed to be amazing, which will be very exciting after the gross food at my hotel! Also, I am sort of hoping that there will be a few English speakers there so I can stop annoying Matt by talking his ear off when he calls me.

No comments: