Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Still in the Roach Motel


Lunch with the Bedroc employees, and the new foreigner in town, Jan.



This is a picture of me on the roof of the Bedroc office in my salwar kameez. I think I could not possibly wear anything more unflattering! But I guess that is the point...it hides your shape. The pants underneath the top are gigantic...it feels like there are yards of fabric gathered at my waist.


Last night, just as I was about to go to sleep, I saw another huge cockroach in the bathroom. I was sad, because I had basically forgotten about the cockroach issue and then I was reminded of it right before I went to sleep. So, I slept another night with the lights on and am exhausted today. Oh well, only one more night nthe motel and then I head back to Chennai for more meetings...then back to Home, Sweet Home! When I come back to Nagapattinam in August I am definitely bringing my own roach spray. Unfortunately, this hotel is the nicest one in town...so there aren't any other options!

2 comments:

Janet said...

You look cute but I thought it was a blonde so did not recognize you!!

Glad you are coming home...

Janet said...

I just saw a picture of you in a cowboy hat (over on your side pictures) I love it!!!