Sunday, August 26, 2007

Eric and Carol's Wedding Cake


Of course, me being who I am I had to post a photo of the cake. It was beautiful and very tasty. There was also a groom's cake. I had never heard of a groom's cake before, but according to this website, the groom's cake is a Southern tradition and any single women should take a piece home and put it under their pillow so they will dream about their future husband. Does anyone know if this is the real meaning of a groom's cake? Anyway, whatever the meaning of the tradition, it is kind of fun.
The wesite also said that sometimes the groom's cake is served at the ehearsal dinner and it should be the groom's favorite type of cake. That sounds doable...German chocolate cake at the rehearsal dinner! (Or baked Alska but I have no clue how to make that. It sounds hard.)

No comments: