Saturday, August 18, 2007

My Bridal Shower! (Thank you, Jimmy and Camber!)

My Aunt Camber hosted a wonderful bridal shower for me. She says that actually my Uncle Jimmy did most of the planning and work, but either way, it was a gorgeous day and I felt SO loved. It was one of those days where you feel like your heart has expanded so much that it could encompass the entire world.

It was also my Dad's birthday, if he was alive. It just happened to be on that date, as it would be the only Saturday that I would be in San Diego, except the Saturday of Eric's wedding. I felt sort of funny about it at first, but then I figured, "Hey, life is for the living."

I was surprisingly nervous before the shower. I honestly felt like I was going to throw up...I guess I not's like a lot of attention on me. But once I got there and saw everyone, I was SO happy and excited. It was great to see family again and to see friends that I haven't seen in years. Even my grandma's friend Connie from Help-U-Sell came! Also, my wonderful coworkers from Sunwise were there, my Aunt Nancy and Aunt Suzanne, my cousins, and my sister.

It was held at the golf club (country club?) near my Uncle Jimmy's house. It was beautiful and the food was delicious. We played bridal shower games that were a lot of fun. I got lots of advice about marriage and we played a game where I had to guess what Matt answered to certain questions. I didn't get very many right, I was sort of embarrassed!


My Uncle Jimmy in front of the club.

Me and Grandma

Me and the ladies! Aren't we color coordinated and cute?

My cousins. Amy's hair always looks so gorgeous!

My aunts and cousin! (Unfortunately Linda is closing her eyes!)

My wonderful former coworkers! I was so happy they came to the shower!


My sisters!



I look totally heinous in this picture. I definitely need to shape up and wear makeup before my wedding...


My friend Ann came all the way down to San Diego from Sacramento. It was SOO wonderful to see her. She gave me a food steamer and I am really excited to start making things in it.







2 comments:

Tracy said...

You look so happy and LOVED! And VERY color co-ordinated!

Janet said...

I am glad you got so many good pictures. Jimmy and I both need to lose some weight before your wedding!!