Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Few More Days in Delhi


Maya, Sheila, Meagan, Ahana and Marissa

After the internship in Jaipur, I had a few days to spend in Delhi. I was really lucky that my time in India overlapped with Rohit, Maya and Marissa's trip to Delhi. It was SO great to see them after so long. I had a really good time with them and it felt so relaxing to be in the Mahajan home after being out in the field for so long.


Poonam and Marissa in the kitchen

Rohit's cousin Poonam is an amazing cook...I complimented her so much on her cooking that she finally took me into the kitchen and showed me how to make some things. Her and I both love chaat, so she had a chaat party at her house while I was there. It was delicious! I also learned how to make everything but I haven't tried to do it yet at home. Now I have no excuse not to try because she sent some Indian spices and a spice box to me as a bridal shower gift. It was so thoughtful of her and Ahana!

This was my fourth trip to India. Every time I go to India it is a completely different experience, and each time it is mind blowing. I love India. I am desperate to get to the south of India...someday it will happen!

No comments: