Tuesday, August 08, 2006


The past week has gone by so fast! Eureka is possible the most relaxing place on Earth. We have been hiking, picking blackberries, playing Settlers of Catan, and spending huge amounts of time asleep. It is great! In back of Matt's house there are tons of blackberry bushes, and in the span of two hours, Matt and picked a huge bucket full of blackberries. We had enough to make 16 jars of jam, two pies, 10 mini pies, and a cobbler! And, we still had berries left over to eat plain! It is amazing!


Yesterday, Matt's parents had a barbecue in honor of Matt and his childhood friend Courtney, because both of them are moving across the country this month. (Matt is going to Boston and Courtney is going to Buffalo.) It was lots of fun, with tons of food and a game of croquet.

This week, I am going over to Grandma's to hang out with the Hardy family in Lake Almanor and Matt is going on his "man hike" with all of his old Eureka friends. (It is for guys only, hence the name "man hike".) The guys are going to drop me off in Redding and my cousin Mike is going to pick me up...I feel really bad though cause the guys have no idea when they are going, so I am not going to be able to give Mike that much notice about when I will arrive. Mike is such a nice cousin to drive all the way to pick me up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been browsing around your blog for a while and it's a fantastic read (plus, I think you're really pretty!). I'll definitely be back. Unfortunately, I don't have time to start from the beginning and read it all (although I did read some) so I'm hoping you can give me the Cliff Notes version. Why'd you go to Hong Kong and why are you back in the US and why did you choose to move to Boston?

I used to have a vacation home in Shelter Cove which is very close to Arcata and Eureka (basically if you're in Garberville, you just head West to the coast). I really loved that area of California. If you go to my blog for 7/28 you can see pics.

Unknown said...

cheap michael kors handbags
under armour shoes
vikings jerseys
nike store uk
cheap ray bans
san antonio spurs jerseys
cincinnati bengals jerseys
ralph lauren outlet
salvatore ferragamo
coach outlet
20170410

Unknown said...

san antonio spurs jerseys
true religion jeans
cheap snapbacks
rolex watches
san francisco 49ers jerseys
ugg boots
nike huarache
new york giants jerseys
mont blanc pens
chiefs jersey