Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Arcata Farmer's Market



On Saturday, Matt and I went with his Mom and her friend Janina to the Arcata Plaza Farmer's Market. It was so much fun! I love farmer's markets, even though they cost more than going to a grocery store. The interesting thing about this one was that it was almost all vegetables and not that many fruits. The veggies looked beautiful though, and there were some things I had never seen before. For instance, lemon cucumbers.

There was also a guy selling lots of dried beans. There was a kind of bean called a "yin yang bean". They really looked like little yin yang symbols!

The highlight for me was the fresh figs. They are SO delicious, it is my new favorite fruit. We also bought honey with the honeycomb still in it, which I had never had before. I like to eat it with my oatmeal in the morning.

Another cool thing was the Pan Dulce Steel Drum Orchestra!

No comments: