Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Matt's 10 Year Reunion




Matt and I were in Eureka for Matt's 10 year high school reunion. It was SO much fun! Reunions are great, especially when they aren't your own. I didn't know anyone so I popped around taking pictures of everyone there. It was funny, Matt would say hi to someone and I would immediate take a picture, like the paparazzi. Actually I shouldn't say that I didn't know anyone there...I knew all of Matt's friends...I think there were about 10 of us altogether, and I have known all of his friends for a few years now. Everyone met at Matt's house before the reunion, and Matt made all the guys take a shot of his snake wine that he brought all the way back from China. It was gross, or so it seemed judging by the looks on their faces! (I had tried lots of Chinese liquor in China and drunk snake blood in Vietnam, so my curiosity about that sort of thing has been sated...besides, sname wine is for virility.)

I also got to see my old college roommate Emily, it was great! It was my first time to see her as a married woman.

One highlight of the night was when Matt and Matthew Winkle ran through the room in their underwear. Then they ran and jumped in the pool. THis prompted a whole bunch of people (mostly guys and a few really drunk girls) to go into the pool in their underwear.

Matt and his friends from Eureka are definitely tight...it is nice to see them, they seem to have a really strong bond. After the reunion there was a solid half hour of wrestling/hugging/saying how much fun they had. I think it helped they they had all been backpacking together for the three days before the reunion.

Aren't they cute? This was the final hug of the night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have mixed feelings about my high school reunion. It's next year and I'm not sure if I want to attend or not. Right now I'm leaning towards not.

The picture of you and your college roomate is really stunning. You're both very beautiful.

Thanks for the info on Hong Kong. I was really curious. A friend of mine has lived in Thailand for the past year and I really (REALLY) want to go there for an extended visit (6 months to a year) and maybe visit a handful of other countries as well. Hubby isn't as excited about it as I am and doesn't want to go so we'll have to see what we can work out.

Unknown said...

ralph lauren
louis vuitton pas cher
hermes belt
chargers jerseys
cardinals jersey
san antonio spurs
bills jerseys
sac longchamp
cheap ray bans
nike huarache
20170410