Friday, August 25, 2006

Hello, Boston!


Matt and I have finally arrived in Boston. We came with 4 huge bags of luggage, two of which weighed 50 pounds and the other ones nearly as much! (What can I say? I travel light but after a month in China and two months staying with various family members, we accumulated a lot!) We didn't take a taxi from the airport despite the fact that it was raining and we couldn't carry all our bags at once. Instead, we took the bus and the T. Boston's public transportation system is great (by US standards...Hong Kong's public transport really can't be beat), so it actually wasn't that hard to get home with all our stuff. Also, I think we just wanted to prove to ourselves that we can get by without a car, no matter what situation comes along.


When we got back to our apartment, we walked 2 miles to Target to buy an air mattress. Of course, Target worked it's usual magic and we ended up buying a huge cartload of stuff. We bought a 75 piece "kitchen in a box" for 30 bucks. That should hold us until our stuff arrives in September...It is really fun cooking again after travelling for so long and having such a tiny kitchen in Hong Kong. Our kitchen seems HUGE after Hong Kong!


Our house is empty, so we are "camping out" and I am obsessing over the holes in the wall and the grease stains in the kitchen. Oh well...Matt says I need to get used to living in an old house. I need to figure out hos to get grease splatters off the wall! We have no TV or anything, but we bought Yahtzee and a puzzle at Target. THe second bedroom is the Puzzle Room. We are using a big cardboard box for a dining room table and a smaller one for a computer table. It is lots of fun actually!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Looks pretty clean and I like the wooden floors! Glad you have your blog up and we can keep track of you two. Reunion looked great...and you and Emily are beautiful. Not sure I like the full on shot of me though...

XOXO me said...

Yay for Boston! Glad to see you made it okay. I love your place, especially the floors!

Jody from VegChic said...

Glad to hear your stuff is arriving from Hong Kong!

Meagan, I sent you an email as well...but wanted to post here in case you didn't get it.

I am planning to go to Veggie Planet tomorrow. If you can't make it we can meet up some other time. I'm sure you have been waiting for your things and must be excited about unpacking.

chenlina said...

chenlina20170412
oakley sunglasses
ugg slippers
beats by dre
bulls jerseys
oakley canada
kate spade handbags
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
kobe shoes
jordan retro

Unknown said...

christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet
cheap uggs
bills jerseys
ugg boots
baltimore ravens jerseys
nike trainers
nhl jerseys
nike blazer pas cher
ugg boots