Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Last Days in Beautiful California!


All good things have to come to an end...so we left beautiful, beloved California. And since I seem to be using cliches today, I may as well go ahead and say that when one door closes another one opens...and now we are here in beautiful Cambridge, Massachussetts! And yes, Cambridge IS beautiful, we have been loving it so far.

On another note, it seems like alot of my friends and family are empowering themselves and starting independent, creative businesses and/or hobbies. Excellent! For instance, Matt's old friend from Eureka has a gorgeous web site with his art on it. Matt's mom started a pet burial at sea business, and my Aunt Lisa left academia and started a photography studio. Also, my good friend Kelly from Hong Kong is starting a Daily Candy-style web site for Hong Kong. I know it will be successful, and I will post the link when it launches in mid-October. Then I can read about everything going on in Hong Kong and fantasize about my old life there! (Hmmm...this could be a bad thing...Ha ha!) Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...my grandma Janet has taken on a new profession as a web designer/administrator. This is extremely inspiring because she has had a full career, and now, as a soon to be great grandma, she has taught herself a new profession. WOW! She created a website for the very successful business of my Uncle Jimmy, and now two of his colleagues want her to do a website for them.

Wow! Maybe Matt will be next...he wants to start a company but "The Big Idea" has yet to hit him. And then there is my fantasy yoga studio...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All this talk about starting a business makes me long for one of my own. I keep tossing around ideas but something about each one just isn't quite right. Hopefully, like Matt, I'll have that lightbulb idea very soon.

Glad to hear you're finally "home." Good luck to you getting settled in and adjusted.

Jody from VegChic said...

Welcome to Boston. Sounds like you have a bunch of creative family and friends around you!

I just wanted to check in after you left a comment on my blog. Those restaurants are a little ways from Cambridge. If you pick a night and let me know, I'd be happy to meet you there. So you know, there are some pretty nice veg options right by you though.

One of the most well known is Club Passim/Veggie Planet in Harvard Square. BTW - There is a veg/vegan group on meetup.com that has lunch or dinner at a restaurant in the city at least once a month. They are meeting at veggie planet for lunch on Sept 2nd. I'll likely be going. If you want to join us, drop me an email or checkout meetup.com

Unknown said...

oklahoma city thunder
kobe 9
coach outlet store
toms shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
ravens jerseys
houston texans jerseys
bears jerseys
louis vuitton sacs
yeezy boost 350 white
20170410

Unknown said...

san antonio spurs jerseys
true religion jeans
cheap snapbacks
rolex watches
san francisco 49ers jerseys
ugg boots
nike huarache
new york giants jerseys
mont blanc pens
chiefs jersey