Monday, March 27, 2006

Too Much Jello!

This weekend one of my friends hosted a girls dinner for my good friend Mel, who is moving back to London in April. It was so sad! I feel like there is a mass exodus from Hong Kong...everyone is leaving!

Our friend's apartment was amazing, all the way up on the peak, so that the view was even better than the one you get from the tourist area on top of the Peak. It was HUGE, and she had her helper there to help her cook and clean everything. This girl is 24 and her boyfriend is 26. It is insane...I can't even begin to imagine what her apartment must have cost. Plus, it had like, art and stuff. Who has art when they are 24? Also, all their furniture matched and was tasteful and they picked it all out themselves. They are more together than most adults twice their age. She made an elegant meal of wild mushroom risotto, and delicious salad and for dessert a moist chocolate cake that was rich and delicious with a raspberry puree on the plate and two artfully placed, perfectly beautiful raspberries on the side. OH MY GOD! Talk about Bree Van de Kamp, right? I hope to host an elegant dinner party like that when I am 35.

From knowing our hostess, Kelly and I knew how perfect everything would be so Kelly thought it would be funny to bring Jello shots instead of wine...just to throw a little trash in the mix. It was pretty funny, except that Jello is very deceiving. You can eat a lot of it, especially if it has whipped cream on it. I never drink very much, and a lot of times am the only sober one around, along with Kelly, who doesn't drink at all. I guess her and I both love Jello, cause we both ended up drunk. When we met up with the guys at Kee Club, both her husband and Matt were shocked. They kept saying, "I can't believe you guys are drunk." Matt is always telling me to drink more, cause I will have more fun...I guess he is right because the night went by really fast and the other drunk people didn't seem so stupid anymore. But then, I started to feel sick and the next day I felt horrible, I couldn't do anything.

Yes, this story is very embarrassing...I am too old to accidentally get drunk from Jello shots. It was a bonding thing for Kelly and I though...I will be so sad when we don't live in the same city any more, it is not often that you find such a good friend once you are out of school.



Our Elegant Dinner