Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Now that I am living in Hong Kong and studying Chinese, there aren't very many exciting things to write on my blog! I think I have hit a wall with the Chinese thing...I never want to look at another character again and I dread going to school every day. It is becoming so tedious! Plus, I feel like I am wasting my time since I never get a chance to practice speaking to anyone. Kelly has a tutor that she practices with, but that costs 50 US dollars per hour, and I refuse to pay that. I guess I was spoiled by Beijing, where you can get a tutor for under three US dollars and hour.

Other than that, not much is new. I have had a mini breakthrough in yoga, which was exciting for me but probably not for anyone else! I can do headstand against a wall, but not in the middle of the room. On Monday, the class was so full that I couldn't move to a wall, so I tried it in the center. It was a really intense class, and I think I was too tired to be afraid...so I popped myself up in the headstand, and comletely fell in the opposite direction, onto my back! Yes, this sounds bad...but actually I think it is a good thing. It didn't hurt at all, and now I can get over my fear of falling. I am horribley afraid of falling, as anyone who has skiied with me would know!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Hmm, when I was in high school I was so good at head stands, that is what my job was in the tumbling routines--surely you must have inherited that!!! I need to be inspired to get back to any form of exercise and cut the sweets. I am in a rut! Grandma

takealetter said...

Here is a quirky memory you made me think of...when I was a teenager, we were at church in the foyer...me, Dad and Jimmy plus a few other members...for some odd reason Jimmy dared dad or in some odd way challenged him to walk on his hands...and he did, in his suit and tie just turned up side down and walked down the hall on his hands...shocked us all!

Unknown said...

ugg outlet
hugo boss sale
ray ban sunglasses
true religion jeans
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors handbags
coach outlet online
christian louboutin shoes
michael kors outlet
jacksonville jaguars jersey