Thursday, March 31, 2005

Sarawak Specialties

Coincidentally, Matt and I were staying right next door to a restaurant that was mentioned on the Mum Mum Malaysian Food blog, so we decided to check it out. I was a gorgeous facility, but unfortunately they were just opening and so not ready to start serving food yet! I was sad...I really wanted to try the bamboo chicken and Sarawak Laksa. The art and handicrafts that they had on display from Sarawak were gorgeous and we bought a laksa spice mix and some pepper chocolate. (Sarawak is famous for it's pepper.) Now I really want to go on a jungle trek in Sarawak! It sounds so exciting....there are many native people there, and the jungle is relatively untouched. Sounds exciting to me! Maybe when Matt can get some time off work...

Oh, and yes, we did feel the 8.7 earthquake that happened in Sumatra. It was long! We were in our hotel room, and the closet doors started rattling. It was different than other earthquakes I had felt before. It was alot longer, and the shaking was alot slower, if that makes sense. It was less of a shaking feeling and more of a rocking feeling.


Meagan at "Paradise in Borneo" Sarawakian Restaurant and Art Gallery Posted by Hello

No comments: