Saturday, March 05, 2005

Payal's Birthday

Last night was my stepdad's cousin's daughter's (aka my second cousin once removed, aka Payal) birthday. I wanted to plan something special for her, so we went back to that private kitchen that has the 9 course spicy schezuan meal. It was delicious! There were 10 of us there, and I think everyone had a great time. The highlight of the meal for me was a huge plate of crabs, which I pretty much dove into! I think our friends were sort of shocked at how I was devouring the crab...I don't usually do that, but I really can't turn crab away. At the end, right before the cook/opera singer sang the final song, we had a cupcake topped with 26 candles. It was quite a sight! The cupcake was small because it was more of a symbolic cake...I figured that after 9 courses no one would want a huge slice of chocolate cake! It barely fit all of the candles, and they were so close together that the flames turned into one giant bonfire flame!

After dinner we headed over to karaoke at a place called CEO in Causeway Bay. It was deluxe! We had our own room and they had platters of cut up fruit and bowls of nuts in there. We were horrible. . . I felt bad for anyone out in the hallway that could hear us. I also felt bad for Leah and Tommy, who are karaoke veterans, because I don't think they were quite prepared for the shock of the rest of our voices. Karaoke turned silly real fast, and it didn't help that when there are microphones around Matt reverts to a 5 year old boy. Everyone had good fun, and then we worked our way over to Wan Chai where the guys ate pizza (how they could fit that in I don't know!) and then we ended up back in central for some dancing.


Meagan, Payal and Matt  Posted by Hello


Delicious Crab Posted by Hello


Karaoke Time! Posted by Hello

1 comment:

XOXO me said...

Man, what fun! lol I would have loved to have seen all the karoake sillyfest!