Thursday, March 31, 2005

KL Tower

In the middle of Kuala Lumpur, there is KL Tower, which sort of looks like the space needle in Seattle. Yes, it is a tourist attraction, but it had really stunning views, and the best part about it was the audio tour. The audio tour is included with the price of admission, and it is very informative about all of the buildings, history and culture of KL and Malaysia. I would recommend that any visitor to KL go to the tower at the beginning of their trip...it helps you get oriented. Another cool thing about the KL Tower is that it is surrounded by a tract of primary jungle. It was a nice, cool walk through the forest, out of the chaos of the city. We really liked it! From there, we walked over to the Petronas Towers and to the KL City Centre Mall. I wish I had more time at that mall...there were tons of shops at affordable prices...unlike Hong Kong where everything is SOO expensive and SOOO not my style. I did manage to buy myself some jeans, but I didn't want to make Matt wait around for me for too long. Outside the KL City Centre Mall is another huge park. KL is so beautiful, there are parks everywhere, it is so green! I loved it! In the park there was a gorgeous mosque. The three mosques that Matt and I saw in KL were so beautiful and tranquil looking...


KL Tower Posted by Hello


Meagan in front of KL Tower Posted by Hello


Matt in the Bukit Nanas Forest Preserve Posted by Hello

No comments: