Friday, March 18, 2005

Don't turn out the lights!

I am about to go check myself into the Hong Kong Adventist Hospital. It is pretty nice there, I have been several times before for outpatient treatment. It is relatively near our house, which is good, and it is right next door to one of my friend's houses. I am staying for one night, not two like the doctor wanted me to. Honestly, I am scared! I am not afraid of the test where they extract the spinal chord fluid or the pain afterwards, I am afraid of sleeping in the hospital! I have never done it before and had never even thought about it but now that I am about to check in, and am packing my back, I am really afraid! I keep envisioning the moment when they turn off the lights, and I am left in the dark, cold hospital by myself, unable to sleep but also unable to move. Plus, I am sharing a room and will only have privacy by a sheet. I know this is ridiculous, but what if I have to share with some of those old, mean Chinese ladies that I see around town! Plus, they will be sick!!

I know all of this is ridiculous, and that it will be fine. I have slept in many bad conditions on my travels and it hasn't bothered me before...I am sure it will be better than I am imagining. I just don't want to go. But, I do need to find out the results of the test. I will post again when I am back from the hospital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not ridiculous at all--as someone who has spent over six weeks in the hospital in my life--it is not a fun place to sleep in--I always wanted them to "Keep the Door Open!"