Friday, March 25, 2005

Future Trips!

Right now, I am extremely excited...I have a lot of fun trips planned! All of these came about quite suddenly, too, which is really the best way.

The first reason I am excited is that escrow on my Dad's house in Pasadena finally closed. One less headache to deal with! I am envisioning a future full of far less late night phone calls, faxing and notarizing.

The second reason is that I started taking tennis lessons! I had my first lesson on Tuesday with Coach Larry at the Hong Kong Tennis Center. I am taking the lessons with my friends, Gail and Kelly, and it really is quite fun. I am not very good since I have never played before, but I am excited to learn and maybe buy a cute a tennis outfit when the weather gets warmer.

The third reason I am excited is because I am going to visit Andrew and Lisa in Minneapolis this summer. I have always wanted to visit there, and have heard from many people that Minneapolis is a cool city with alot of interesting stuff going on. I want to see Andrew and Lisa's house, which I have heard so much about, and also maybe try sailing. Maybe I will even reconnect with my Scandinavian roots while I am there. Haha!

The fourth reason I am excited is because Matt and scheduled a last inute trip to Kuala Lumpur for Easter weekend! Woo hoo! We really shouldn't have booked it, given all of our hospital bills and health expenses, but we decided we needed a trip and some time to hang out with eachother and have fun. We got a really good deal flying out of Macau International Airport. It is an hour long ferry ride to get to Macau, but it is worth it to get a cheap flight. I remember when I was in High School and I lived in San Diego, there was a billboard that said "Visit Kuala Lumpur" on Miramar Road. I always thought it would be so cool to got there but I never thought I would...it seemed too remote. At that point I didn't even know KL was in Malaysia. Anyway, now we are going and I am ecstatic. The food is supposed to be amazing, and I am definitely primed for it since I have been reading the Mum-mum Malaysian Food blog. (The Mum-mum girl is from Kuching, but hey, maybe another trip, right?)

The fifth reason I am excited is because GRANDMA JANET IS COMING TO VISIT ME!! She is staying from May 5 until May 19...it is going to be so great. I already told all of my friends about it and I have been planning what we will do. We have to have High Tea at the Peninsula Hotel, have dinner overlooking the Harbor at Felix, have dinner on the Peak, have dim sum, have brunch and The Verandah in Repulse Bay, see the Buddha in Lantau, hike across Lamma Island, go to Macau, take the Star Ferry, see the light show, maybe go to Ocean Park....the possibilities are endless. (Notice most of those things are food related...well, that is Hong Kong, famous for good food and lots of it.) I am so happy! I just hope the weather is not too hot and humid, that could be bad.

So, Matt and I are off to KL now...I will post pictures when we return!

1 comment:

XOXO me said...

Have fun in KL! Travel safe. :)