Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Fair in San Diego



I got lucky this year for two reasons: 1) The American Public Health Association conference was in San Diego, and 2) I won a ticket from my school to attend the conference and was given a travel grant to help cover the cost of the airfare. WOO HOO! So, I got to spend a week in beautiful San Diego and see all of my old coworkers and my family.

The only sad thing was that I didn't get to see more of my extended family and that my immediate family had just returned from India...so they were still jet lagged and recovering from an illness that they all caught in India. Still, it was a lot of fun. I was SO happy to see my family again, it seemed like it had been forever since I had seen them. The last time I spent time in San Diego was last December during my wedding, but that was so hectic that it didn't really count as family time.

I saw my old coworkers, and that was great. I loved living in San Diego; I loved the weather and my job and all of my coworkers. Why did I ever leave??

I got to go to the Halloween fair at my little sisters' elementary school, which was a lot of fun. I had to take a picture of this "litter box". It is all edible treats but it looks so revolting...perfect for Halloween! (By the way, the person in the photo below is not one of my sisters. She is a random girl from their school.)

No comments: