Sunday, October 26, 2008

Food

Well, I wouldn't be me if half of my photos from a trip weren't food pictures. So here they are. I love the food in San Diego....lots of Mexican food, frozen yogurt and salad. Mmm! It's all "comfort food" for me because it is so familiar. I have a few places I always go when I visit home.

Golden Spoon Frozen Yogurt.


It's the best! And now it's even better because they have tart frozen yogurt. Yum! I forced my sister to come here with me, and then I tortured her by taking her picture.

Now there is a new Frozen yogurt place that I love, but it is only downtown. Pinkberry! I love it. It's not for everyone, because all ofthe flavors are tart. I prefer that because I don't like things that are too sweet. My favorite flavor was green tea.



Souplantation


I know, I know...a chain restaurant...but I really love it because I like salad bars and soup. Matt doesn't like it because one time we went to a Souplantation in Clairmont and everyone was stuffing their faces in a gross way. But the one in Mira Mesa isn't like that...anyway, I try to go here with my family when I can because it is not on the East coast.

I also love Mexican food in San Diego...no other place is as good! My favorite spots are Sombrero and El Indio. My favorite "real" restaurant is Parkhouse Eatery. I LOVE it. The breakfast, the lunch, the dinner...it's all good! I especially love the mussels mariniere. The only problem is that they have remodeled since I lived in SD, and it is just not as cozy and cute as it used to be. They added a bar and Ifeel like that changed the dynamic. I still love it though.

Also, I have to mention my mom's cooking. That is always really good, especially her guacamole and her tuna (not together of course). And her twice baked potatoes. And the general abundance of delicious food that is always in that house. Mmm, now I can't wait for Christmas!

1 comment:

craig said...

ohhh...i'll have to try pinkberry when i go home for thanksgiving! all this talk about san diego is making me homesick! i hope you had a good trip!