Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Matt's 29th Birthday

Matt's 29th birthday was definitely less exciting than it has been in the last few years...but it is so much easier to have big, fun parties in Hong Kong than it is in the US! Plus, Matt has been crazy busy at work lately, and he didn't even get home from work until late. So, we went over to this neighborhood restaurant that is amazing. It is called Chez Henri, and they have the best Cuban sandwiched and yummy, not-too-sweet mojitoes to wash it down with. It is a really romantic place with delicious food...even Oprah agrees, it was listed as "Best Neighborhood Restaurant" in her magazine, and I think she is right.
I made Matt a home made German Chocolate birthday cake. We both agreed that it is the best cake that I ever made (although not much to look at)! It was so rich that my second slice made me feel sick...but every bite on the way to the sick feeling was delicious! I credit this cake to Grandma yeckel, who told me that the best recipes are on the back of food containers because they want you to keep buying their products so the recipes are really good. Any way, I got the recipe for this off the back of the shredded coconut container. I will definitely make this again, but only if there are more people to share it...it was so good that Matt and I ate way too much of it!

No comments: