Thursday, April 05, 2007

Dad

So, Dad's "death day" came and went this year...I happened to be reading a book that my mom gave me at the same time as his death day...it is called Good Grief by Lolly Winston. I don't think I could have read this book any sooner following Dad's death cause as it was, I was crying the whole time! I liked this book...she does a great job of describing the feeling of loss that you have when you lose a loved one. The part that I didn't like about it was that at the end of a year (or two years) the main character is already sort of over everything and is living with another man. She wraps things up too quickly and makes it seem like everything is ok...but other than the ending, I htought this book was good. Also, the whole time I was thinking, "What would I do if I lost Matt?" It has to be the hardest thing ever to lose your husband (or wife). When I think what a horrible time I have had dealing with Dad's death, I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose the person that you have been married to and built a life with. Your life is (usually) intergrated in everyway with your spouse, so losing them is truly like losing half of yourself.

No comments: