Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Today is my beautiful, witty sister Maya's birthday. She is 13! I think this is a great age (contrary to popular opinion) because you are old enough to do lots of fun, interesting adult things but are young enough to be still more involved with family life (as opposed to older teens who do so much at school).

I was thinking of my favorite Maya quotes, and really there are too many to list. Like I said, she is clever girl. One that sticks out in my mind is when she was young, around 4 years old. Mom said I couldn't take her somewhere and Maya turns to me and says, "She's not the boss of us!" Au contraire, mon souer! She actually is the boss of us. Or I should clarify, she is still the boss of YOU! Haha!

Another funny time was when she called me an "adultish type thing". I think that sums it up quite clearly actually, I feel like an adultish type thing!

Another interesting thing about Maya is that she is an innately good dancer. I am not. When she was really young, I was at my mom's house with my friend Margaret, and when we turned on the music she started dancing really well, with rythm and hip shaking moves and like an adult not a child. Margaret and I looked at eachother and went "Whoa!"

According to my sister Malini, Maya will be getting her ears pierced for her birthday. Very exciting!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Beautiful girl!