Monday, July 11, 2005

Yellowstone

Grandma, my 14 year old cousin Mitch, and I headed on a road trip from Lake Almanor to Silvergate, Montana to our family cabin. It took us two days to do the drive, but it was a lot of fun. We stopped for the night in Rexburg, Idaho where they have the new BYU campus. We drove through Yellowstone but we didn't really make that many stops along the way. I think I will never forget when we drove by a little Black Bear walking right along side the road. I yelled, "Slow down! Slow down!" Grandma said, "We can't create a traffic disturbance!" and she sped on towards Silvergate. Later, we encountered a bison walking in the middle of the road. Grandma was like "Would you look at that thing? Right in the middle of the road, disturbing the traffic!" Haha, I think Grandma has driven through Yellowstone a few too many times!

Later we got to the cabin in record time, and it was gorgeous as usual. Montana is stunning! I was fantasizing the whole time about having my own mountain cabin. It rained the first day and Mitch and got extremely muddy on our short walk, but the next days were clear and gorgeous.

We went on little hikes on most days, and Grandma worked on a puzzle that we never did quite finish. I was so impressed because Linda kept her marathon training up the whole time we were there! She went running every morning on the dirt road in back of the cabin.


Tanner in front of the cabin Posted by Picasa


Silvergate, Montana Posted by Picasa


Mitch and Grandma in Yellowstone Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was a grouchy old lady wasn't I? I was tired...

Anonymous said...

i like your blog i think its awesome i know im your favorate speedwalking cousin( especially in 100 degree weather and ain a swaetshirt)

From Mitch