Sunday, July 31, 2005

Fuji Rock Festival

Matt and I went to Japan for the Fuji Rock Festival. It was a last minute decision, and we were almost not going to go because it is so expensive to get to Japan and then even more expensive once you get there, not to mention the festival tickets! We went and I am so happy we did because we had SO MUCH FUN! We camped out for three days and went to the Festival all day and all night. The music went on from 10 in the morning until 5 the next morning every day. There were five stages at the festival, and each one had music going for the entire time. That is a lot of music! I really didn't have the stamina for that much, honestly, but the people we were with did and it was pretty amazing. Japanese people are crazy about music, they are really into it.

The only thing about the festival was that it rained pretty much the entire time. The entire place turned into a giant mud pit, including the camp ground! We were wet or at least damp all three days. We were definitely muddy...I had to throw out my shoes at the end because there was going to be no way to salvage them. The muddiness and dampness, and the lack of sleep was pretty draining, I won't deny it. It was so much fun though, I definitely want to go back next year if we are in Asia and can afford it.


The Camp Site Posted by Picasa


Japanese Style Photo Posted by Picasa


The Rain was Cute at First Posted by Picasa


By the third day the Rain wasn't Cute anymore Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

XOXO me said...

lol oh man... "japanese style photo" that brings back memories. Looks like you had a great time in Japan. I think you guys should shoot for Okinawa it's a totally different experience...think Hawaii-like.