Thursday, January 27, 2005

Tensions Rise at the AWA, and a Mouse Crawls Under My Skin

Somehow or another, I have been completely busy for this past week! I feel like I have been going non stop.

Kelly and I have been doing yoga everyday, which feels great. We decided to limit the hot yoga because we come out of it like zombies, so instead we have been going to the regular yoga classes. I was shocked the other day when I was blowdrying my hair...the muscles in my arm were rippling! Can you believe it? It looked like a little mouse lived under my skin and was crawling back and forth from my elbow to my shoulder! (That is sort of a gross mental image...sorry!) So, I hope I don't get too muscley because that would not be good.

The PR committee for the AWA ball had it's second meeting yesterday to come up with ideas for the invitation, and we met with the printer/graphic designer to discuss costs. It is funny, because I always thought it was strange when my mom would complain about the ladies on the committees at my little sister's schools. Well, now I know how she feels. They can be very pushy, and all of them think that they know everything and that they are the only ones that know everything. I brought in my invitation idea, which was an attempt to do something not completely overly done with relation to Vegas. The only problem was, I forgot that the AWA is mainly older women and may not want a sexy showgirl on their invitation! Haha! I said that to the PR committee, and the woman didn't even like me saying "sexy". Pretty amusing...but looking at it again, I guess it does look more like a club flyer than a charity ball invitation. (You can look at it below.) So the graphic designer is going to make a more abstract looking showgirl for an invitation mock up, and we are also going to do an Elvis one and one with the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign. Next Wednesday they will go up for review by the general committee. Kelly was a very loyal friend and she championed the showgirl idea the whole way through. The funny thing is, I really could care less what the invitation looks like! The other problem with the PR committee is that I might have permanent vision loss due to the outrageous size and number of diamonds I am constantly surrounded by. Oh, the hazards of living in Hong Kong!

Other than that, I have been immersing myself in financial planning and learning about investing. There is a lot to know, and I wish I would have taken a personal finance class when I was in college. I am trying to read for 2 hours a day so I can figure out my game plan for the future.


My invitation idea Posted by Hello

No comments: