Sunday, January 16, 2005

Christmas in Utah

Matt and I are safely back in Hong Kong after the holidays. I was in the US for about a month, but it seemed so much longer than that! (In a good way...) The first week Matt and I spent in Utah, which was difficult because it was the first year with out Dad. I am completely glad that we made the effort and came all the way across the world to keep the tradition going strong. I feel like I have alot of support from the Hardy family, and I feel closer to them now than I ever have before. It was nice having Grandma stay in the condo that usually I share with Dad. She made it very home like and festive. We had a Christmas tree with completely home made decorations: strings of popcorn and cranberries, and a tin foil star on top. We also made a ginger bread house from a kit that we bought at the grocery store. I attached a picture of it below, and I think that it looks pretty good. It was hilarious because Matt, Grandma and I were very seriously working on it...the room was dead silent and when Mitch and Tanner came in to say hello, we were like, "Hey, we are concentrating! Go back to your place and don't touch the frosting on your way out!" It was funny. It was great having Kristi and Craig stay with us too...they kept us amused with some really sick games, including Truth or Dare Jenga.

I also attached pictures of Matt and I in Park City. It is so gorgeous there! I am glad Matt seems to like it there as much as I do. Notice Matt's pose in the picture of him. It is so difficult to take pictures of him! He inevitably does a "retard pose", especially if it is in a picture involving large groups of people. If I get a picture of the Hardy family picture, I will post it and you will see what I mean. Matt is very creative about his retard poses. The one below is a new variation, but he has many more up his sleeve. You never know which one will come out the next time there is a camera around.


Our Gingerbread House! Posted by Hello

No comments: