Sunday, January 16, 2005

Back in Hong Kong (aka Back "Home")

So, Matt and I are back in Hong Kong now. I had mixed feelings about coming back because I have so many people I love back in the US and it is easy there...to get a job, to shop, to communicate, to "be". Now that I am back here, I feel better. First of all, I miss Matt when we are apart. It is nice to be back with him, he is my best friend after all. Also, Hong Kong is a great city! People are friendly, the streets are CLEAN, you can walk everywhere, public transportation is good. And the restaurants....ooooh the restaurants. The food is so good! For my first meal back in Hong Kong, Matt and I went to a little italian restaurant called Ristorante Rughetta. It is underground and cozy, which is nice cause it is cold here now. It was fabulous! They don't rush you through your meals here, and the portions are smaller so you can comfortably eat three courses. Yesterday Matt and I went on a hike. We walked all the way from our house to Stanley, which is on the other side of the island. It took us almost 5 hours but it was gorgeous.

So, I am happy to be back in Hong Kong. My plan is to go on an all out job hunt in the next week. I think I will be happy working, plus, then Matt and I can allocate all of that money to our travel fund.

1 comment:

XOXO me said...

Welcome back Meagan! :)